Wednesday, March 3

American Idol (The Boyz)

Another post from Paula guys! Enjoy:

March 2
     So it was the boys turn tonight. The girls are much better this year. Overall I thought the performances were pretty sad, there were a couple that shined, but most not hitting the mark. Casey is my favorite and with that eclectic guitar he was awesome.
    John Parks gave a depressing performance. I don’t know what’s up with his song choices? If he if there next week I hope he sings something upbeat. Alex Lambert, not Adam’s brother, says he is so nervous he throws up before each performance. (I don’t think I would share that.) The judges and I thought he did improve greatly from last week though.
   Patrick Hall, the dancer, did a Tina Turner song, so they won’t compare him to the original artist, he says. Well, not a chance of that. He has a knack for rearranging a song so much it is unrecognizable. (Like butchering it.) He can sing really well but just sing the song. Michael Lynche is a good singer, but I think he is getting a little too cocky and sure of his self. He is not that good.
    Aaron Kelly is only sixteen and that boy can sing. He has a lot of nerves also, but I give credit for anyone with the courage to go through that whole process of Hollywood week and the critiquing every week. Tim Urban was just plain boring. Dweezle, that’s what I call him, is another favorite. He has that raspy rock voice. I love to hear him sing. And even Simon liked him.
    So, how do you think Ellen is doing as a judge? At first I was wondering why she was chosen as a judge with no musical background other than listening to it. She does dance a little on her talk show. But she does bring an interesting change of pace with her comments and comedy, filling the nice shoes of Paula Abdul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails