Wednesday, March 10

The Mixed Tape

http://www.lizbaillie.com
    So lately, I've been spending my time catching up on episodes of My Life as Liz on MTV's website. Now I know, its incredibly dorky, but I can't help it. Yes, it's incredibly obvious that it is staged (but I kind of got the impression that MTV was never trying to sell it as anything but staged and written (Liz says something along the lines in the commercials about this was the way she viewed her high school experience.) When we all look back on things, the memory tends to fudge with the ways things actually happened anyway. What I love most about Liz is how easy it is for me to relate to her. She's dorky and sweet, and is going through many of the experiences that I went through in high school.

   So onto the purpose of this post. In episode 5 of the series Bryson (Liz's crush) gives her a mixtape for her birthday, and later, she  gives Bryson a mixed tape when she asks him to prom (which fails, sadly). I've always loved the idea of making a mixed tape for someone. It just seems like the perfect way to say I love you, here's some songs that make me think of you and that I think you'll enjoy. It has to be perfect though, and carefully thought out. Check out this for some tips, since I'm no expert. I've only made one, which was for a friend moving away in eighth grade. It was really cheesy, and featured music mostly from the One Tree Hill Soundtrack. I just love this song:


It's probably what encouraged me to make a mixtape for anyone in the first place. Now that Liz has inspired me, I may just have to go and make another.
     Have you ever made a mixtape for anyone? Who was it for?

2 comments:

  1. Wow what talent, I've made one for my boyfriend but it turned out cheesy. My brother is a DJ and has a radio show on 9-11pm at a station in Texas he would do better at that than I ever could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I'm obsessed with mix tapes. In fact, I wrote an entire how to on creating them around Valentine's Day. It's here - http://cafefashionista.blogspot.com/2010/02/sealed-with-mix-tape.html. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails